Human Resources Analyst
McConnell HR Consulting Inc. (MHRC) is seeking a Human Resources Analyst to join our small team of HR Consultants. If you are passionate about human resources, eager to learn, and enjoy challenging yourself with a variety of projects and clients at one time – then this is the perfect opportunity for you!
MHRC is a boutique Human Resources Management consulting firm providing Human Resources Strategy, Compensation, Organization Design, and general HR Management guidance and direction to clients. We work with small- to medium-sized organizations in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors in Ottawa and internationally. For more information on our firm – Who We Are, Services, Clients, and more – please check out our website at www.mcconnellhrc.com.
About the Position:
Working out of our Kanata location, the Human Resources Analyst will be responsible for:
- Preparing Compensation Review spreadsheets; this includes conducting job evaluation, job matching, custom salary surveys, gathering and analyzing base salary and benefits data, developing salary ranges, conducting Pay Equity analysis, and costing implementation.
- Maintaining the organization’s internal compensation and benefits database.
- Conducting research and analysis and providing recommendations to meet client needs.
- Writing and preparing formal reports and PowerPoint presentations.
- Writing business proposals and statements of work based on Requests for Proposals, or a few lines of notes taken from a phone call. (Did we mention challenging?)
- Providing professional support and initiative into marketing, branding, and networking activities; this includes developing blogs, website and social media content, articles, newsletters, and attending networking events on behalf of the organization.
- Supporting HR Consultants on other related projects.
- A Bachelor’s degree in HR, Commerce, Management, or a related field.
- 1-2 years of experience in human resources, data analysis, project management, and / or other related position would be an asset. (Volunteer experience counts!)
- Excellent computer skills; particularly with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Excellent analytical, research and writing skills.
- Superior communications, interpersonal, innovative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Knowledge and interest in Google Analytics, social media, website design, and other marketing opportunities for small businesses.
- Ability to learn quickly, embrace change, focus on detail, meet deadlines, and thrive in a fast-paced multi-client / multi-project environment.
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude and sense of humour.
We offer extensive on-the-job training, a dynamic and flexible work-environment, a competitive salary – with future incentive provisions, career development, and the opportunity to work on exciting leading-edge projects. Please respond via email to Tim@McConnellHRC.com by February 12, 2018. No telephone calls please.
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.