Attention Compensation and Totals Rewards Professionals!
Are you tired of doing the same things with the same people in the same office day after day?
Are you ready for a new challenge – to advance your career into consulting and to apply your skills in a diverse, multi-client business environment?
McConnell HR Consulting Inc. is a boutique Human Resources Management consulting firm. The company was founded in 2002 and operates in Ottawa and the Caribbean (Grand Cayman and the Turks & Caicos Islands). We offer strategic and tactical expertise to clients in the following areas:
- Compensation Analysis – the design and implementation of Compensation programs for not-for-profit and private sector clients.
- HR Strategy development and HR Diagnostic Assessments.
- Organizational Analysis and Design.
We currently have an opening for a Compensation Consultant.
Working out of our Kanata location, you will provide:
- Leadership of the Compensation Management consulting practice area of the firm.
- Service delivery of Compensation projects; including Job Evaluation, Ladder Charts, Salary Surveys, Data Analysis, Pay Structures, Incentive Pay, Employee Benefit Reviews, Reporting, and Compensation Philosophies.
- Professional support for marketing activities, branding, networking, and proposal development.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Commerce, Business Administration or a related field (mandatory).
The CHRP / CHRL and / or CCP designations would be an asset.
- Five to eight years related work experience in Compensation (mandatory).
- A strong technical knowledge of and experience in Compensation / Total Rewards Management.
- A working knowledge of the various Human Resources disciplines.
- Direct experience in working with senior management, executives and internal / external clients.
- Superior communications, interpersonal and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent analytical, research, writing and presentation skills.
- A strong knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel as well as Internet and social media capabilities.
- The ability to learn quickly, embrace constant change, focus on detail, meet deadlines, and thrive in a complex multi-project environment.
- A sense of humour.
This a permanent, full time position. We offer on-the-job training, a challenging work environment, a competitive salary (consistent with the skills and experience level noted above), future incentive provisions, significant career development, and the opportunity to work on exciting leading-edge projects. As a small firm we offer significant work-life balance, the ability to work from home, and direct involvement in decision-making and business planning – without the bureaucracy and controls of a large firm.
Please respond with a Covering Letter and CV – outlining your interest and how you meet each of the ten stated qualifications – via email to Tim@McConnellHRC.com by August 10, 2018 or earlier. No phone calls. LinkedIn forms by themselves will not be considered.
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
B.A., M.P.A., SPHR, HCS
Director of HR Consulting
Senior Human Resources Consultant
Human Resources Analyst
Reasons to Select McConnell HRC
You receive “Big 4” experience at small firm fees
We foster and maintain professional relationships
You benefit from a customized solution to address your requirements
We bring front-line experience and depth to every project
Your project is cost effective – consultants are there when you need them and gone when you don’t
We make house calls
Your project will be completed on time and on budget
We have a sense of humour
Your calls and emails are responded to within 24 hours