As Organization Architects, we are here to help you achieve full alignment between your business strategy and your organizational structure
Our Organization Architects Transform Your Structure
McConnell HR Consulting’s Organization Architects assists clients during significant organizational transformation events such as reorganizations, growth, downsizing, new business lines and the introduction of new IT systems by considering and addressing all of these elements.
Our HR services in this area include project planning, organization design, determination of key functions and roles, mapping of staff resources, business process modeling, and change management.
Our Organization Architects are here to begin transforming your structure. Get in touch to learn more.
Organization Design is
- The way an organization is structured to comply with a strategic plan.
- Organization Design is how work is structured. It is the link between the goals of the organization and how managers and staff are working to achieve those objectives.
- A process for improving the probability that an organization will be successful by assessing and re-shaping business structure and positions to better meet (business) goals.
- Used to match the form of the organization as closely as possible to the purpose(s) the organization seeks to achieve.
- McConnell HRC is here to ensure that your organizational design is fully aligned with your strategic plan in order to achieve business goals.
A significant redesign is called for when your organization evolves to the point at which there are substantial congruence problems between the formal organizational arrangements and the other components of your business (such as reporting, business processes, information, performance measurement, and control systems.) These situations may be driven by:
- Shifts in competition, regulation, technologies, markets or resources – resulting in a redefinition of work requirements.
- Mergers and acquisitions.
- Cultural or political change.
- Staffing changes (such as new leadership, or changes in needs, preferences or skill levels).
Our Organization Architects are here to assist you. If you are need of a redesign, schedule a consultation today!
Key elements our Organization Architects consider during Organizational Assessments
- Strategy – The basic approach to achieving the mission. Our Organization Architects review strategy, overall business plans and anticipated changes in order to ensure congruence with your organization structure.
- Work Processes – The major sets of interconnected business and program activities; through which inputs are used and outputs / deliverables are produced.
- Structure – How the characteristics and forms of jobs are organized in relation to each other and to the work flow. This includes the definition of work units, levels of supervision, job/work design, the span of supervisory control, and the delegation of authority.
- Systems – The formal and informal procedures which make the organization work.
- People / Skills – The types of professions and skills needed to perform the work.
- Culture – These are the norms of the organization, the “way we do things around here”, and should not be overlooked. This is reflected in people’s behaviour, and can be a key driver of organizational structure.
Ready for our Organization Architects to assess your organization? Reach out to schedule a consultation today!
Our Organization Architects work plans include the following steps:
- Confirmation of objectives, scope, environment, client requirements etc.
- Document reviews, stakeholder interviews, and focus groups.
- Review of strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and challenges.
- Assessment of functions, roles, responsibilities, capacity, skill requirements, jobs / positions and reporting relationships.
- Preliminary findings.
- Solutions design.
- Modelling; Conceptual Business Model, Functional Organization Chart, and Detailed Organization Chart.
- Presentation of options.
- Client validation.
- Delivery of findings, approved recommendations, and implementation plan.
Related Organization Architects Articles
Great speech from the CEO last week about transforming organizational design. S/he moved a bunch...
Succession planning is the flexible, long term, developmental view of future management staffing....
Your goal is to achieve competitive advantage in your business structure. But is your company...
In this article we will be analyzing Functional Structure, and how it relates to Non-Profit...
How is your Organization Design? How do you know? What does good organization design look like,...
In this article we examine case studies of reviews we conducted for Organizational Structure....